Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Few Things

It has been awhile mostly I have been exhausted and stressed so I haven't made the time to post so now it is time to play catch-up. Two weekends ago Jonny and I went to see Harry Potter in IMAX 3D. It was pretty awesome, I didn't think it would be much better than regular 3D but it really was. The theater we went to was right across from the Real Salt Lake stadium and when we got out the game was just starting so following along with my doing fun things in Utah we decided to go. It was really fun. We walked up and asked for their cheapest tickets which put us behind one of the goals but on the 5th row so it was pretty cool.
We were in the section with all the crazy fans, there was a band playing pretty much the whole time and organized chants. I was surprised how vulgar the fans were pretty much every cheer had some amount of swearing. I guess I'm just mostly used to BYU fans but I still think they are worse than most other fans. I was also shocked when the opposing goalie was on our side the fans kept throwing crate paper at him.
Had no idea that would be allow but I guess it is. Unfortunately we lost but we still had fun, now I can cross pro soccer game off my list.
Then on Tuesday Aaron and Elena came and stayed for a few days. (Sorry I didn't take pictures here.) It was so good to see them! I have missed them a ton and now they are headed to Boston so it was nice to get to see them for a few days. We played games of course good old Bang! and BuzzWord. Elena and I took a two hour walk and got sent on a detour that put us on a shadeless street for awhile which resulted in a nice sunburn for me. While they were here my car semi-died again, luckily it was on my day off and not when I was trying to get to work. Luckily/Unluckily it was my AC doing something weird to a belt so as long as I don't turn my AC on I can drive but the AC is very pricey to repair so now I am driving AC-less and trying to decide where to go from there.
Then on Saturday one of our best friends from home, Megan, got married to we went out to her reception in Draper. It was in her new in-law's backyard and it was very pretty and of course she was beautiful!
So that is what we have been up to the past few weeks.

No comments: