Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

We celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday since it was actually on Sunday. You could argue we started on Friday evening when we went to see the movie Valentine's Day. It was good but not exactly what I expected. Then on Saturday morning I woke up at 6:45 to surprise Jonny. We went and got Krispy Kremes and then went to watch the sunrise. Sadly the clouds decided to move in on Saturday morning so the sunrise was a fail. But Jonny got his doughnuts so he was ok with it.
Our "sunrise."
Cute morning look.
We did some homework and hanging out during the day. Then exchanged presents. I gave him a T-shirt and a Bumblebee (as in the Transformer) kite and he gave me a very cute light jacket. We went out to Olive Garden to eat.
Full and happy. We are both wearing our Valentine's gifts.
Then we went and saw The Princess and the Frog at the dollar theater. We both liked it a lot. I didn't really have a great desire to see it but figured I should. I'm so happy we did! The music was awesome. I miss the Disney movies with music! Then on Sunday we went to church, both dressed very Valentiney! Jonny wore a red shirt and the tie I made him last year. It is a white tie with red lipstick kisses. (Sadly you can't see it.) And I wore a red skirt with a pink sweater and pink shoes, Valentine's day is really the only day you can get away with that color combo!
Then Ashley had a bunch of people over for dinner. Now we are just relaxing and watching the Olympics and being happy he doesn't have school tomorrow!
Our cheesy Valentine's Day picture.

3 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

So cute! I think what demonstrates your greatest love for him was getting up at 6:45 for doughnuts...now that's true love :) You guys look cute. Hope Olive Garden wasn't insane...the Provo one is bad enough any weekend, so I can only imagine what it's like for Valentine's Day!

Susan R said...

Totally cute Valentine photo. Save it, blow it up and frame it. It's a keeper. We have a tradition for the FGK birthdays. We get up super early, run to Krispy Kremem and get doughnuts then run the kiddos to school. I'm not a doughnut fan, but love the tradition. FYI: anything before 7:00 am is super early to me.

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

Sounds like you two had a wonderful Valentines Day. Glad you were able to have so much fun and spend so much time together. Love you.