Sunday, November 14, 2010

Catch Up and Cake

I haven't written in awhile. Last weekend we went to the BYU game again. This time we won, by a lot! It is nice to be winning again!
After the game Jonny, Kirstin, her roommate Ariel and I went to Broiler Express. This restaurant has been closed since I moved out to Utah but the building has never changed. The signs have stayed up and everything. Jonny and I have always wanted it to reopen and it finally did! The food was okay but to be honest we probably won't go back.
Now the real purpose of this post...cake! A few weeks ago Karleigh and I were talking to Jonny's roommate Eric and found out his birthday was coming up. So of course Kars and I jumped at the chance to bake a cake. He probably thought we were joking when we said we would make him a cake but of course we weren't. Karleigh found a recipe for zebra cake so thats what we made. The pictures are the best part so here they are...
The birthday boy in the middle.
And the reason it is called zebra cake. We think it turned out well. The pictures don't really do it justice.

2 comments:

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

I think it looks terrific! Was it hard to do? It looks time consuming. Thanks for sharing all your culinary arts. Can't wait to see you.

Jessica said...

yummy! I'm so impressed with all your yummy cakes! And I love that picture of us...I'm going to steal it. :)