Sunday, October 31, 2010

This is Halloween

To start out our Halloween celebration Jonny and I went to a pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkin. We found a pretty good one. At the pumpkin patch they had a mini petting zoo. They had a kangaroo which I thought was awesome.
It was REALLY windy if you can't tell by my hair.
Jonny and I had been trying to decide what to be for Halloween this year and we couldn't come up with any ideas. I finally decided I was going to be a witch but we still had to come up with something for Jonny. Then I came up with a great idea (if I do say so myself.) He should be Mr. Fredrickson from UP! I decided if he was going to be a character from UP! I needed to be one too. So I decided to be Russell instead of a witch. After countless trips to DI, JoAnn's, WalMart, and Michael's and a quick trip to West Valley for a cane, Jonny and I put together what I think are pretty awesome UP! costumes. You can't really tell but Jonny even has his Ellie badge and I'm missing one merit badge. We paid attention to detail.
Katie and Reed had a party at his parents house on Saturday so Jonny and I went there. We played games and watched Young Frankenstein. We had a good time hanging out with everyone. We went and showed Kirstin and Karleigh our costumes. We also had to pick up some groceries so we went to WalMart in out costumes. It was funny listening to everyone figuring out our costumes. "Look at them! I get it they're UP!"
On Sunday Jonny and I made chili and "scones" (I use quotes because we have an ongoing disagreement on what scones are and these are his scones) for dinner. It is an Anderson Halloween tradition. Jonny really did most of it and it was delicious. And of course what would a holiday be without cake pops? I made cake pops and took them to work on Friday. I think that the little Frankenstein's are my favorite. I also made some more for dinner on Sunday along with a cake. What can I say baking is my addiction. Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

You two do look great! The costumes turned out really well. Your cake pops are sooooooooooo cute, I hope everyone appreciated all your effort. Congrats on so many great Halloween feats. Your children will have a lot of fun!

Jessica said...

So fun! I LOVED your costumes! Haha, Scones! I remember talking about that cuz we all had different ideas of what they were! how funny...

Susan R said...

Okay....you win the best costume prize ever. Very cute and original. AND....look at you miss cupcake pop queen. You are amazing.
I'm knee deep in making about 300 cupcake pops for my daughter's Evening of Excellence night on Sunday. I'll have to take photos and post it on my blog. My kitchen is a MESS!