Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Hap Happiest Season of All

I love the Christmas season. The music, the decorations, the lights, family getting together. It is my favorite time of the year. This year we were lucky enough to have our whole family together for Christmas. Unfortunately I was only able to be home for a few days, I had to come back for work, but we had a great time. I flew in Wednesday morning, left my apartment at 4:30 am to be exact. We went to the Farmer's Market, made cake pops (my mom and sisters had already made tons of other goodies) and just spent time together.
On Thursday we took family pictures, Jonny acted as our photographer.
Christmas Eve we had a big dinner, we had the sister missionaries over as well as a few of the older sisters in the ward.
We opened our Christmas Eve presents, PJs of course, and then headed to bed.

It amazes me that even at 23 I still find it hard to fall asleep on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning we woke up and exchanged gifts.
Waiting for the ok to come out.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing and spending time together. I had to leave on Monday evening so it was a quick trip but I was so grateful to get to spend time with my family. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family and to be able to travel to spend time with them. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas season. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

We are so thrilled that you were able to come home Holly so that we could all be together. It was a wonderful time to have us all together close and comfy. We miss you all!