Friday, November 6, 2009

New Recipe

Yesterday I was trying to decide what to make for dinner tonight. I decided I would try making biscuits and gravy. I found a recipe that was made with sausage and so that was what I was going to do. Then my mom told me she made pan fried chicken and gravy, a meal I have always loved. So I changed it to chicken instead. I was a little nervous to try it but it turned out pretty well.
Browning the chicken.
Cutting the biscuits without a cookie cutter. I used a can top and cut around it, kind of ghetto but it worked. I was just going to use the Grands biscuits but I decided to go all out.
The finished biscuits. The last two I just did as drop biscuits so they aren't as pretty.
The finished product. (The picture isn't great.)
The chicken turned out really well and so did the biscuits. Sadly the gravy wasn't amazing. It needed to be a little more flavorful. On the bright side I can easily remedy that for the next time. It is one that I will definitely have to try again.

No comments: