Friday, June 11, 2010

CA Wedding

Exhaustion and lack of internet access are the reasons I have taken so long to write this post. Last weekend, Cale, one of mine and Jonny's best friends from high school, got married. We figured he is one of our best friends so we had to go to the wedding. I had to work until 6 on Friday so we left when I got off. We ended up getting out around 8 Utah time, which put us into Davis at about 6 California time. We were pretty exhausted. It was a fun trip though. We went to the wedding reception on Saturday afternoon. It was great to see Cale and how happy he was with Jaclyn.
After the reception my family went over to Jonny's family's for dinner. Our parents decided that if my parents wanted to see Jonny and his wanted to see me we should all get together. It was so nice to spend time with everyone. On Sunday Jonny and I headed back to Utah. We left around noon and got in around 2. We didn't make the best time because we had bikes on the car and the wind would catch them and slow us way down. It was irritating. As exhausting as the drive was it was fun. I always enjoy driving with Jonny. We saw these clouds driving though Nevada and I thought they were awesome.
Also, on the way to California we had a "fun" experience. We were about 40 miles outside of Wendover and I was passing a truck (a large pickup, not a semi) and it almost hit me. Luckily I made it by okay. We kept watching it and it was swerving everywhere. It was halfway into one lane and then off into the shoulder. Jonny called the highway patrol because we figured it had to be a drunk driver. They asked us to pace it and pull over when the cops pulled the truck over. It took awhile for the cops to get there but they did and pulled the truck over. We pulled over. The officer came over and said when he pulled her over he thought she was DUI but it turns out she was having car problems. So that was our exciting start to the trip.

No comments: