Saturday, June 19, 2010

Touring San Diego

My dad was doing an academic conference in San Diego this week so we got to stay in a nice hotel. We stayed in a Hilton right on Mission Bay. It was fun to kind of be tourists around San Diego. I figure the best way to do this post is mostly in pictures. So here goes.
We went to look at the San Diego Temple. They are re-stuccoing it so it is covered in scaffolding.
The hotel room.
Our pod chairs.
The pool.
The view from the pool.
We did some shopping and the girls went and got pedicures.
We went to Little Italy for dinner.
Then we went to the most amazing dessert place, Extraordinary Desserts. These pictures do not do it justice, they are beautiful. To make it ever better they taste amazing!
Dad's
Mom's
Taryn's
Mine
Karleigh's
The we did some hot tub time.
In n Out.
More beach time.
Boogie boarding.
Cute toes at the beach.
Then family came and we had dinner and hung out around the fire pit at the pool.
We celebrated Father's Day a few days early.
Our cute matching San Diego tourist dresses.

6 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

YEAH! so fun...and SO glad I was able to come. I had so much fun with all of you.
PS-I did not make it on my flight so I'll try again in the morning...super annoying. Glad you made it home. Love you.

Jessica said...

OH, your trip looks SO fun!! Cute dresses, and cute sandals in your pedicure pic!

Susan R said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen. How fun it looked. Makes me so jealous.

Susan R said...

BTW: love the cute toes and matching sandals.

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

WOW!!! We had a full week of fun, sun, good food and great company. We will have to plan more fun vacations for the future. Glad we could all be together.

Iris J Grey said...

I love the look of the hotel, I so want to go on holiday now. :D Love the sandals and very much like the look of those delicious desserts.....very yummy!

X