Sunday, January 25, 2009

Obviously

On Friday night some of the roommates went to Hailey's house in Mapleton to spend the night. I know it seems weird since we all live together but it is still fun to get out of the apartment and have a sleepover like you did when you were younger. We had fun playing with the Wii, (which made us all very sore the next day, tennis and boxing are killer) eating food, talking and watching, the love story of our generation, Titanic. I feel asleep during parts of it but I still love that movie. I t has been forever since I have seen it all the way through, I always start at the part where Jack stops Rose for jumping off the edge of the ship and then stop watching when the boat goes under, so I miss the last like 30 mins. I totally forgot how sad it was! It is amazing but so sad.

Hailey's family also has TONS of edited DVDs so Ashley and I went through and made a list of all the ones we wanted to see but couldn't because they were rated R. So last night Jonny, Ashley and I watched I Heart Huckabees. I didn't know much about it other than remembering it looked really weird! But it was AMAZING! It was so funny I could not stop laughing, Mark Wahlberg is hilarious! I think his role in this movie is my favorite of all his roles, it is different from what he normally does but he was great. It is really weird and most of the time you just sit there wondering what in the world is going on but it is awesome! It's all about existentialism and what is reality what isn't and are we all connected, so of course it doesn't make sense but I was very entertained! Now it is back to homework and all that.

Side note...Taryn is coming on Wednesday and I can't wait! Hopefully the gross slushy rain/snow we have going right now will clear up and the weather will be good!

1 comment:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

That gross slushy rain/snow better be pure powder up in the mountains! We're getting "freezing rain" here which sucks! It'll be nice to get out of it, I just hope it doesn't cause any problems with my flight tomorrow. SEE you soon!!!