Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Being in Provo, where a majority of the population doesn't do things on Sundays, the 4th of July festivities took place on the 3rd. Jonny and I went downtown to the Freedom Festival and walked around looking at all the little booths. Then we went with Karleigh and her roommate Katrina to watch the fireworks. We just sat outside the BYU stadium and watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks. The field we sat in had the lights on the whole time but the view was better than last year and we could see more of what went on in the stadium. I absolutely love fireworks and the Stadium of Fire has some really cool ones.
On Sunday Jonny, Karleigh, Katrina and I had a barbecue. We had burgers, salad, a jello/pretzel dish, watermelon and cake pops (of course).
It was a gorgeous day which makes it that much better.
On Monday I had work off and Jonny didn't have school so we went and saw Eclipse and went to the pool. We ended the weekend with Summer Sno, shaved ice with vanilla ice cream on the bottom and half and half on top.
All in all it was a great weekend. I love the 4th of July. I am so grateful to be an American and have all the freedoms that come with it. We really do live in an amazing country.

2 comments:

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

Looks like you all had a great 4th
Wish we could have been there. I was so tired from camp that fireworks didn't hold much excitement for me.

Jessica said...

FUN! you're pics are all really cute!