Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday

Number two in the March birthday line-up. I had a very fun birthday thanks to my family and friends. I went to P.F. Chang's for dinner with Jonny, Karleigh and Kirstin. (Thank you Dad and Mom!) It was delicious as always.
So quick story. My grandpa always puts the bows on his head when he opens presents. So we have started doing that as well. On Karleigh's birthday she was putting them on and put one on around her head and then moved it to a headband. But I thought it looked really cute going around the head so I wore it to dinner on my birthday!

Then we went to Karleigh's place for presents and cake. I got lots of great stuff including circle cake pans from Karleigh! Is it weird that I am so excited about them?
The cake was delicious! Karleigh made a two layer chocolate cake. The bottom layer had chocolate chips baked in, the top layer had Andes mint chips baked in. Then the middle was hot fudge instead of frosting. It had cream cheese frosting and chocolate drizzled on top. Also, the candles were black and white and adorable.
I wish my Mom, Dad, Taryn and Grant could have been there to celebrate too but they sent their love from afar! It was a good birthday. Thanks to everyone who helped make it special.

2 comments:

Susan R said...

Geez Holly, it looks like Christmas. Lucky girl. Love the hair accessory. "The only thing that separates us from the animals is the ability to accessorize". Movie please?

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

I am glad that your birthday ended by being so special. We certainly wish that we could have been there too. Kudos to my girls for their excellent cake making and decorating abilities. You are all awesome!!!;