Sunday, March 21, 2010

You thought they were done

You guessed it BIRTHDAY #4! Monday is Katie's golden birthday, 22 on the 22nd! So Jessica (who lived with Katie and I before she got married and has been Katie's friend for forever) threw her a surprise party. We had a gathering of old roommates/friends. It was so much fun! We haven't all been together in so long. We had Carol and her hubby Nick, Kasey, her hubby Garrett, and their baby Kailyn, Jess and her hubby Steve, me and Jonny and the guest of honor KATIE! We had BBQ (which was delicious!) and played games and Rock Band.
The boy band!
And their adoring fans!
We were also entertained by watching Kailyn pull the cutest faces. Like this one!
How cute is she? Also, I held her for awhile and she didn't cry! I was so happy. Babies always cry when they are placed in my hands. She was just content to let me hold her and chew on my fingers. Kasey, I love your baby! She is adorable!
Then we had cake and ice cream and Katie opened her presents.
Showing off her yummy cake by Jess.
Presents!
Katie just got into nursing school at the UofU. A nice little birthday present! So Jess and Steve got her this present so she could practice.
The stethoscope really works! It was such a good evening. I'm glad that we all got together to celebrate with Katie and to just see each other again.
I think this might be one of the best group pictures ever! My friends are pretty.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

That picture did turn out great! Thanks for coming, I'm glad you had fun! I thought it was SO much fun!

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

What fun! I'm glad you keep up with old roomies and friends. You girls had the same doctor set growing up and the stethoscope worked in the old set too. Great group picture.

Kasey Strong said...

Yay, that was such a fun night! I'm so glad that Katie was born, that Jess threw a great party for her, that she invited all of us, and that we could all see each other and have a really fun time! Also, I'm glad that my daughter could help you accomplish a record of not crying while being held by you. She must love you.